"There is no proof without evidence"
Page 1 Of Queries
- (Oct 1997 - Aug
Page 2 Of Queries
- (Aug 1998 - Dec
Page 3 Of Queries
- (Jan 1999 - Apr
Page 4 Of Queries
- (May 1999 - Sept
Page 5 Of Queries
- (Oct 1999 - Dec
Page 6 Of Queries
- (Jan 2000 - Mar
Page 7 Of Queries
- (Apr 2000 - Jun
Page 8 Of Queries
- (July 2000 - Sept
- Page 9 Of
- (Oct 2000 - Dec
( October 2000 - December 2000
Be sure to hit the "Reload" or "Repost" button on
your browser if you've been here before to be sure to get
the latest queries.
If you have an answer for one of our queries and
you answer it from this webpage by clicking on the
submitters name, a copy will automatically be sent to SFA
which will be included on our query page. If you use your
own mail system, please be sure to CC us here at SFA so
that we can include it on this page. Thanks!
Submitting a query:
We regret that are no longer able to keep up with
the flood of Skinner queries that are being sent in for
posting. As an alternative, we are suggesting that you
post your query to the following site:
GenForum's Skinner Family Genealogy Forum
We will attempt to post responses to queries as
We are sorry for this inconvenience.
- 19(3) Subject: Robert Skinner of Calvert County Maryland
- Date: 31 Dec 2000 23:26:47 EST
- From: Tahiti1997@aol.com
Robert Skinner and Anne Storer// Adderton Skinner// Henry
Skinner// Walter Skinner. My question is did this Walter Skinner
have a son named Walter Skinner who was born in Carroll County
Maryland and was married to Salina Davis. Does any of your past
newsletters include Robert Skinner of Calvert County Marylands'
descendents to the level of Walter Skinner's son Walter
- Paul Skinner
- 19(3) Subject: Skinners in NJ and/or NYC
- Date: 31 Dec 2000
- From: Bill Philbrick <Philbrickw@aol.com>
- I am searching for the Skinner line of my family. My
great-grandmother was Mary Skinner born about 1885 in NY (possibly
NJ) to Viola Baldwin Skinner and Jacob Skinner. Mary had a brother
Rufus Skinner. We know that Jacob died and Viola Baldwin lived in
her mother-in-law's (Mrs. Skinner) boarding house (in NY? NJ?).
She then met Joseph Horson from Brighton, England and married him
(and had a child, Beatrice).
- Any information on Jacob Skinner, Viola Baldwin Skinner or
their descendants would be VERY appreciated. !Who was the Jacob
Skinner's mother who ran the boarding house?)
- Bill Philbrick
19(4) Subject: Hiram Daniel Skinner
- Date: 30 Dec 2000
- From: "Judy & Gary Skinner" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I was wondering if you might be able to help. I am Gary
Skinner, born of
- Robert Leroy Skinner. His dad was
- Orin Leroy Skinner, His dad was
- C.W. Skinner His dad was
- Hiram Daniel Skinner.
- Hiram Daniel Skinner was Born 4/18/1818 his wife was Mary M.
Brown born 10/11/1824
- I am looking for deeper roots for Hiram. I am getting allot of
- Thanks for anything you can help with.
- Gary Skinner
- 19(1) Subject: SKINNER / MILLAR / YOUNG
- Date: 27 Nov 2000
- From: W.J. Skinner, S. Canterbury, NZ (See SKU 19(1):3
In the course of searching the ancestry of my Grand Father,
William SKINNER, I have discovered that he was born in Ellon in
Aberdeenshire on 24 May 1840, worked as a boat builder at Cullen in
Bamfshire until there was a serious accident during the launching of
a fishing dorie which put an end to the building of dories at
William then set out for Otago in New Zealand arriving in 1868,
subsequently meeting David MILLAR, who with his wife Marion (nee
YOUNG) who arrived in Otago aboard the Philip Laing in 1848. They had
a daughter Marion who was 6 months old on arrival, and there was born
a daughter Jane, who married my grand father William SKINNER on 16
Both William and Jane died when the family were young, and as my
Dad never discussed family history I can find no information relating
to grand father William's family history beyond the date of his birth
in 1840. Dates and family history here in New Zealand have been
verified from records mostly in the Otago Early Settlers
I have already contacted the Scottish Ancestral Roots research
organization but so far have had no response from them.
Thanking you in anticipation,
South Canterbury, New Zealand
Page 1 Of Queries
Subject: SKINNER / BREADMORE
- Date: 11 Nov 2000
- From: M J Young <email@example.com>
In September 1999 I wrote the following message to you which
- I am looking for any descendants of Thomas SKINNER and Martha
Ann BREADMORE who married at Brightwalton, Berkshire in January
1881. Thomas, aged 25, was a butler in East Woodhay, Hampshire
later in 1881.
- I am wondering if there were there any children of the
marriage? Do you
- have any records of this family?
- Any information would be appreciated.
- Recently I have discovered a Thomas Breadmore SKINNER from
Southsea who was killed in action on 15 September 1916 - details
on the Commonwealth War Graves web site - wife Ada Alice.
- Do you have knowledge of Thomas Breadmore SKINNER or
information that would help me establish who his parents were as I
am sure there must be a connection to the BREADMORE family.
- Looking forward to your reply!
- Margaret Young GOONS 2503
- Breadmore One-Name Study Web Site:
- Subject: SKINNER / IRWIN / NOE / THOMAS / WILLIAMS
- Date: 7 Nov 2000
- From: Laurie SKINNER <Timbercat33@aol.com>
- Hi my name is Laurie SKINNER can you help? I'm looking for
anything to find family of my father's side his name was Benjamin
Clearence SKINNER his father's name was William Nolen SKINNER his
mother's name was Martha ( NOE ) SKINNER his brothers' names were
Buford, George, Denzel, Charlee, Elmer, sisters were Christine,
Thelma, Corene other last names were IRWIN, THOMAS, WILLIAMS, NOE
and there are more I'm sure I just don't know.
- Subject: Need Help with Skinner Relatives
- Date: 5 Oct 2000
- From: "Martis
D. Ramage, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I am searching for information on Skinner relatives. A
relative of mine Rose Ellen Billingsley (born 20 August 1864)
- Terrell Skinner (3 May 1862-13 April 1890) on 29 November
1883. I think they married in Red River County, Texas. Their
- were: Gertrude Ellen "Gertie" Skinner (29 October 1884-13
August 1946) married Arthur Aaron Fodge (1 December 1876-6
- 1937) in April of 1902 in Red River County, Texas; Samuel
Byrum Skinner (born 25 February 1885) married Willie Manning
- settled in Los Angeles, California; Gomer T. Skinner (6 March
1887-25 September 1888); Jesse William Skinner (born 8 June
- and Willie Ellen Skinner (17 August 1890-27 October 1983)
married Edward L. Brodie (17 December 1880-27 December 1965)
- settled in Wagoner County, Oklahoma.
- I would appreciate it very much if you would place this query
on the internet.
- Marty Ramage
Page 2 Of Queries (8/98 - 12/98)
Page 3 Of Queries (1/99 - 4/99)
Page 4 Of Queries (4/99 - 9/99)
Page 5 Of Queries (10/99 - 12/99)
Page 6 Of Queries (01/00 - 03/00)
Page 7 Of Queries (04/00 - 06/00)
Page 8 Of Queries (07/00 - 09/00)
a query for posting
Contact Skinner Family
to Skinner Family Association Site Index