"There is no proof without evidence"
Page 1 Of Queries
- (Oct 1997 - Aug
Page 2 Of Queries
- (Aug 1998 - Dec
Page 3 Of Queries
- (Jan 1999 - Apr
Page 4 Of Queries
- (May 1999 - Sept
Page 5 Of Queries
- (Oct 1999 - Dec
Page 6 Of Queries
- (Jan 2000 - Mar
- Page 7 Of
- (Apr 2000 - Jun
( April 2000 - June 2000 )
Be sure to hit the "Reload" or "Repost" button on
your browser if you've been here before to be sure to get
the latest queries.
If you have an answer for one of our queries and
you answer it from this webpage by clicking on the
submitters name, a copy will automatically be sent to SFA
which will be included on our query page. If you use your
own mail system, please be sure to CC us here at SFA so
that we can include it on this page. Thanks!
Submitting a query:
We regret that are no longer able to keep up with
the flood of Skinner queries that are being sent in for
posting. As an alternative, we are suggesting that you
post your query to the following site:
GenForum's Skinner Family Genealogy Forum
We will attempt to post responses to queries as
We are sorry for this inconvenience.
- Subject: The family name of Skinner
- Date: 28 Jun 2000
- From: "Paula
- My family and I are currently living in Luxembourg, we
originate from Oxford, England, but know that our family ties are
not just from this area of England. Our daughter Nicolle Skinner,
her name does not appear on any search engines for the Skinner
name. Is she the first to have this name in a Skinner family? I
know that the spelling of her name is a little unusual, but we
believe it is the Australian version of Nicole.
- can you help us?
- Many thanks
- Paula Skinner
- Subject: Books by Natalie Fernald
- Date: 27 Jun 2000
- From: "Tonia
- THOMAS SKINNER OF MALDEN
- JOHN SKINNER OF HARTFORD
- I have copies of both books by Natalie Fernald.
- I will happily do lookups for you.
- None of the SKINNERs listed are from areas other than the
northeast, so I can not be of help if your ancestors are from
- The books begin in the 1600's and go up to the early 1800's.
Please provide the information you have along with your
- Tonia Skinner Hannemann
- 3rd great granddaughter of Dr. Rev. Ezekiel Skinner
- Subject: George Skinner
- Date: 25 Jun 2000
- From: Edwin
Van Riper <email@example.com>
- Looking for information about a George Skinner who was born in
England Feb 5, 1849. He emigrated to the USA, ran a hotel on Coney
Island, Brooklyn, NY.
- Edwin D. Van Riper
- Plano, TX
- Subject: John Salathiel Skinner
- Date: 13 Jun 2000
- From: "glendab"
- If you are a descendant of John Salathiel Skinner and
Catherine "Strait" would you please contact me. Several of us are
grouping together to exchange information and for research of this
family. John was the child of Samuel Skinner Jr. of Somerset,
- Thanks. Glenda firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Peter Skinner
- Date: 8 Jun 2000 23:45:13 -0600
- From: email@example.com
- I am looking for family of a Peter Skinner. The only
information I have is that his mother's name was Agnes, born on
Nov 22, 1891. Her father was Peter Woods (charlebois). She was
born in Butte, Montana. Her mother's name was Ellen Angelina
Isbell. Hope to hear from someone.Please reply at
- Subject: John D. Skinner b. 1844 Indiana
- Date: 7 Jun 2000
- From: "Chuck
- I'm looking for any information about John D. Skinner b. 1844
Indiana, married Virginia XXXXX, b. 1847 Indiana. John's father
was from VA, his mother from KY. They lived in Henrietta, Texas
- Their son, Elmer Skinner, b. 1877 Texas, married Pirle
(Pearl?) XXXXX, b. 1877 Texas. They also lived in Henrietta, and
had 5 children (names available on request).
- John D. & Virginia's daughter, Addie Skinner, was born
1878 and died in 1880.
- Any information would be appreciated, especially the womens'
maiden names, and info about John D.'s father.
- Chuck Skinner
- Subject: James H. Skinner
- Date: 1 Jun 2000
- From: "Bruce
and Pam Wait" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I do not have much information, but I would like to know if
anyone has data on my grandfather, James H. Skinner? He married
Velma Rae Cowen. They lived in Mineola, Texas in their later
years. They lived in Quitman, TX at one time where my dad, Cleland
D. Skinner was born. There were 4 other siblings: James Orlan(sp?)
Skinner, Treston Audine Skinner, Verlin Vernice Skinner and Marlin
- Thank you,
- Subject: Skinner Family
- Date: 30 May 2000
- From: WTC4175@aol.com
- Our cousin, Charles Finney Weed (1835-1916) married MARTHA
JANE SKINNER (1842-1926) in 1861. She was the daughter of AARON
and ELIZA (PORTER) SKINNER who resided South Bend, Indiana.
- Do you have a connection to this Skinner family?
- We are Weed searchers and have extensive files on our Weed
- Adella Weed(11) [Adelbert(10), James(9), Eli(8), Lewis(7),
Jacob(6-5), Abraham(4-3), Daniel(2), Jonas(1)].
- Jonas(1) to America from England 1630-Winthrop Fleet.
- Thanks for your help.
- W. T. and Adella (Weed) Collins
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Subject: Skinners in Indiana
- Date: 29 May 2000
- From: Tyson
- My name is Tyson Skinner and I am trying my hand at geneology.
I a very interested in finding out where my family line came from
and I need some help. As of now as far back as I can go is my GG
Grandfather Charles Skinner. I don't know much of him as of yet
but I know he son Raymond Otis Skinner was Born ABT. Feb. 11,
1904. Raymond had five children John(my grandfather),Kenneth,
James, Laura, and Mildred. John was born in 1921 and is married to
Norma Jean Apsley. Anyone with any info that might help please
reply to my email at Skinner_76@hotmail.com
- Subject: Gideon Skinner
- Date: 29 May 2000
- From: Kskinni@aol.com
I am looking for information on the family of Gideon Skinner
who in 1812 was one of the first settlers of Vernon Center New
York. I believe he came from Massachussetts and am interested in
finding out about his ancesters from the 1800s' and back. I know
there was Levi Skinner who I believe to be his son. If anyone
knows the line from Gideon back I would appreciatte it. I am
married to one of his ancesters from Vernon Center.
- Subject: Raymond Otis Skinner
- Date: 26 May 2000
- From: Tyson
- My name is Tyson Skinner and I am new to this but as of now I
am trying to find info on my Great Grandfather (Raymond Otis
- believe his father's name was Charles Skinner. Raymond was
married to Hati Bates and he was born Febuary 11, ABT. 1904. He
- children John Alvin Skinner, Kenneth,James,Laura,Mildred;
anyone that might have any info on this line please email me
- Subject: Edward Alfred Skinner; Wyndyotte, Kansas
- Date: 20 May 2000 11:31:34 +0100
- From: "geoffcox" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I am researching my grand uncle who we emigrated to Kansas, he
was born in Exmouth England on dec 25th 1856, we also know that
his wifes name was sarah, also that they had a son called John
Joseph Skinner are there any present day relatives that could fill
in some gaps for us in the information we have, perhaps we could
- Subject: Tracing ancestors
- Date: 19 May 2000
- From: Dan Skinner <email@example.com>
- I am trying to find information on my family. My father was
Martyn Skinner, son of Sir Sydney and Lady Emily Skinner, both
born in Cornwall. My father was born in 1906 in Acton,
- Any info?
- Dan Skinner
- Subject: Skinner
- Date: 16 May 2000
- From: "Charles B. Eboch, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I am looking for information on George Skinner Stephens. I
have been unsuccessful in locating any information on him. I
- that he died February 5, 1901 in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. His wife
was Harriet Jane Pellow Stephens. I believe they migrated from
Cornwall, England to the U.S.A. in the late 1800's or
- early 1900.
- I know that when he passed away a brother came from England
for the funeral and that leads me to believe there are still
- in England.
- Any help you may be able to give me would be appreciated.
- Carol Eboch email@example.com
- Subject: Rachel Skinner
- Date: 11 May 2000
- From: "Target & Willie" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Looking for info on a Rachel Skinner who m. John Thayer. She
was born May 01, 1734, Norton, MA. He was b. abt 1729
- Norton, MA., and d. Mansfield, MA.
- Any info on her or her husban would be great.
- Thank-you for you time,
- Tammy Thayer-Stevens
- Subject: Skinner Family
- Date: 10 May 2000
- From: "A & L Vanderleer" <email@example.com>
- Greg, I got your name as a Skinner Family Guild Member from
the Internet. I am hoping you can help me. My grandfather's mother
- on his birth certificate as "Annabella Richards formerly
Skinner". I have been unable to find any information about her so
far. My grandfather was born in Trecrogo, South Petherwin on
February 8, 1885. I don't know where his parents John Henry
Richards and Annabella Skinner might have been born, however, I
suspect they would be from somewhere in the Cornwall area.
- Do you have any information that might help me? I searched the
Surname Index on the Skinner site but had no luck finding an
- Louise Vanderleer
- Subject: Lydia Skinner
- Date: 22 Apr 2000 08:36:37 -0400
- From: "Judy Wypych" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- I am looking for information on my ggggrandmother Lydia
Skinner, she married Mark Leavenworth Elkins in 1815, was born
about 1793 and died June 1, 1843. She is buried in Chappell Hill
Cemetery in Mansonville P.Q. Mark's mother and some family are
buried in a family graveyard in Brome County, Quebec along with
Abel and Jemima Skinner and other family members but I can find no
record that they had a daughter named Lydia. Any information would
- Judy Wypych
- Subject: Thank you
- Date: 15 Apr 2000
- From: VARNONRL@aol.com
- Thank you, thank you, thank you for your wonderful website. My
husband's family comes from Elizabeth Skinner, daughter of Hugh
and Sarah, she married William Dyke. I had not even tried working
on the Skinners because they were so numerous and I did not know
where to start. We suspected that her father was Hugh because she
is buried with a Hugh Skinner in the Jonesburg, Missouri cemetary
and we figured that was her brother. Anyway. Thank you again. Is
there a way to connect with other Skinner descendants from the
same family? We also have a Skinner connection to another family.
My husband's South family plugs into Spicy Skinner who married
John South. We are pretty sure John was brother to our Thomas but
we are having problems figuring out which family is which with
those Souths. Wow, you all made my Saturday. And it needed some
uplifting after two awful weeks at work. Have I said "thank
- I really mean it. Jan Varnon, Lake Mary, FL
- Subject: Charles Wesley SKINNER
- Date: 09 Apr 2000
- From: "Suntex School" <email@example.com>
- I'm searching for any information on a Charles Wesley SKINNER,
born 12 Jul 1865 at Granby, Newton, MO - died 22 Feb 1936 at Webb
City, Jasper, MO.
- Thank you.
- Subject: WoW
- Date: 7 Apr 2000
- From: Ejskin@aol.com
- My name is Edward Skinner and I am descended from Scottish
Skinners that settled in Newfoundland, Canada in the nineteenth
century. I found your website to be fascinating and would
appreciate any contact with other Skinners. My ancestors survived
by swordfishing on the Grand Banks of Newfoundland. The majority
of the clan still resides in newfoundland still making their
living from the sea. I have met few Skinners living in Halifax and
fewer more that are any relation to the Skinners of Newfoundland.
Thanks for the great site.
- Subject: Miles Turner Skinner
- Date: 2 Apr 2000
- From: "Carolyn Furnace" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- My great-great grandfather was Stephen Owen Frazier who
married Mary Ellen Skinner daughter of Miles Turner Skinner. I am
trying to verify all info.
- Carolyn Engler Furnace
Page 1 Of Queries
Page 2 Of Queries (8/98 - 12/98)
Page 3 Of Queries (1/99 - 4/99)
Page 4 Of Queries (4/99 - 9/99)
Page 5 Of Queries (10/99 - 12/99)
Page 6 Of Queries (01/00 - 03/00)
a query for posting
Contact Skinner Family
to Skinner Family Association Site Index